Fit Minds Cognitive Health Products Inc. is committed to ensuring that your privacy is protected. Should we ask you to provide certain information by which you can be identified when using this website, you can be assured that it will only be used in accordance with this privacy statement. Fit Minds Cognitive Health Products Inc. may change this policy from time to time by updating this page. You should check this page from time to time to ensure that you are happy with any changes. This policy is effective from June 22nd, 2010.
What we collect
We may collect the following information:
- contact information including email address
- demographic information such as zip/postal/post code, preferences and interests
- other information relevant to customer surveys and/or offers
What we do with the information we gather
We require this information to understand your needs and provide you with a better service, and in particular for the following reasons:
- Internal record keeping
- We may use the information to improve our products and services.
- We may periodically send promotional emails about new products, special offers or other information which we think you may find interesting using the email address which you have provided.
- From time to time, we may also use your information to contact you for market research purposes.
- We may contact you by email, phone, fax or mail.
- We may use the information to customize the website according to your interests.
We are committed to ensuring that your information is secure. In order to prevent unauthorized access or disclosure, we have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect online.
A cookie is a small file which asks permission to be placed on your computer’s hard drive. Once you agree, the file is added and the cookie helps analyze web traffic or lets you know when you visit a particular site. Cookies allow web applications to respond to you as an individual. The web application can tailor its operations to your needs, likes and dislikes by gathering and remembering information about your preferences.
We use traffic log cookies to identify which pages are being used. This helps us analyze data about web page traffic and improve our website in order to tailor it to customer needs. We only use this information for statistical analysis purposes and then the data is removed from the system.
Overall, cookies help us provide you with a better website, by enabling us to monitor which pages you find useful and which you do not. A cookie in no way gives us access to your computer or any information about you, other than the data you choose to share with us.
You can choose to accept or decline cookies. Most web browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can usually modify your browser setting to decline cookies if you prefer. However, this may prevent you from taking full advantage of the website.
Links to other websites
Our website may contain links to other websites of interest. However, once you have used these links to leave our site, you should note that we do not have any control over that other website. Therefore, we cannot be responsible for the protection and privacy of any information which you provide whilst visiting such sites and such sites are not governed by this privacy statement. You should exercise caution and look at the privacy statement applicable to the website in question.
Controlling your personal information
You may choose to restrict the collection or use of your personal information in the following ways:
- whenever you are asked to fill in a form on the website, look for the box that you can click to indicate that you do not want the information to be used by anybody for direct marketing purposes.
- if you have previously agreed to us using your personal information for direct marketing purposes, you may change your mind at any time by writing to or emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org
We will not sell, distribute or lease your personal information to third parties unless we have your permission or are required by law to do so.
We may use your personal information to send you promotional information about third parties which we think you may find interesting if you tell us that you wish this to happen.
You may request details of personal information which we hold about you under the Personal Information Protection and Electronic Documents Act (S.C. 2000, c. 5). A small fee may be payable. If you would like a copy of the information held on you please write to Fit Minds – Privacy Director, 1798 McCallum Drive, Orleans, ON K4A 3T2
If you believe that any information we are holding on you is incorrect or incomplete, please write to or email us as soon as possible, at the above address. We will promptly correct any information found to be incorrect.
Terms and Conditions of Use for Fit Minds Cognitive Health Products Inc. Products and Programs
This document outlines the terms and conditions upon which we supply our products and programs to you. Please read these terms and conditions carefully before using or downloading our products or programs. You should understand that by purchasing, downloading, and/or using any of our products or programs, you agree to be bound by these terms and conditions.
If you do not accept and comply with these terms and conditions, you may not use the products or programs. Instead, you should return them to Fit Minds Cognitive Health Products Inc., within 30 days from the date of purchase for a refund or credit.
Information about us
Fit Minds Cognitive Health Products Inc. is federally incorporated company in Canada with the registration number 80583 6467. The registered office is located at 1798 McCallum Drive, Orleans ON K4A 3T2.
Our products and programs
The products and programs provided by Fit Minds Cognitive Health Products Inc. to you are provided under the terms of a single site use licence. The products and programs are protected by copyright, trademark, patent and/or other applicable laws. Any use of the products and programs other than as authorized under these terms and conditions or applicable laws is prohibited.
Fit Minds Cognitive Health Products Inc. is providing to you the following programs:
- The Interact® Group Program, accessed online and the Interact® Kit, and /or
- The Fit Minds Stay Sharp™ Group Program, accessed online and the Stay Sharp Kit.
- The Fit Minds® Training Programs, accessed online, and
- The Fit Minds® Cognitive Coach Certification Course and the Interact Platform.
By using the products and programs, you accept and agree to be bound by these terms and conditions.
Subject to these terms and conditions, Fit Minds Cognitive Health Products Inc. hereby grants you a royalty-free, non-exclusive, non-transferable license to use the Fit Minds® Products and Programs in your institution.
- The Fit Minds® Products and Programs provided to you under this agreement are to be used solely within your institution by a licensed Fit Minds Cognitive Coach, except for products purchased for re-sale by you and delivered to your customers. You are not permitted to change the layout of any of the copyright materials provided within the programs without prior agreement from Fit Minds Cognitive Health Products Inc. and will not copy, rent, lease, lend, reverse engineer, disseminate or distribute the Fit Minds® Products and Programs without the express written permission of Fit Minds Cognitive Health Products Inc.
- You may use the Fit Minds Stay Sharp™ Group program and Kit and the Interact® Group Program and Kit for the provision of cognitive coaching in individual or group settings within the location for which you have purchased and been invoiced for the program.
- Ownership of Intellectual Property
Fit Minds Cognitive Health Products Inc. is the owner or licensee of all intellectual property rights in the Fit Minds® Products and Programs. All such rights are reserved.
Representations, Warranties and Disclaimer
Unless otherwise mutually agreed to by the parties in writing, or as provided in applicable laws, Fit Minds Cognitive Health Products Inc. offers the products and programs as-is and makes no representations or warranties of any kind concerning them, express, implied, statutory or otherwise, including, without limitation, warranties of title, merchantability, fitness for a particular purpose, non-infringement, or the absence of latent or other defects, accuracy, or the presence of absence of errors, whether or not discoverable.
Specifically, Fit Minds Cognitive Health Products Inc. DOES NOT claim that this product will cure Alzheimer’s disease or other forms of dementia.
Limitation on Liability
Except to the extent required by applicable law, in no event will Fit Minds Cognitive Health Products Inc. be liable to you on any legal theory for any special, incidental, consequential, punitive or exemplary damages arising out of this license or the use of the Fit Minds® Products and Programs, even if Fit Minds Cognitive Health Products Inc. has been advised of the possibility of such damages. Any liability will be limited to the purchase price of the product and/or program.
This license is granted for one year and will automatically renew unless either party gives written notice 30 days prior to the end of the license. Upon termination of the license, you will provide written confirmation that you have deleted the downloaded content from the online training programs and program delivery portals. The rights granted hereunder will terminate automatically upon any breach by you of the terms of this license. Sections 4, 5, 6 and 7 will survive any termination of this license.
No term or provision of this license shall be deemed waived and no breach consented to unless such waiver or consent shall be in writing and signed by Fit Minds Cognitive Health Products Inc.
Fit Minds Cognitive Health Products Inc. reserves the right to release products and programs under different license terms.
These terms and conditions constitute the entire agreement between the parties with respect to the products and programs licensed here. Fit Minds Cognitive Health Products Inc. shall not be bound by any additional provisions that may appear in any communication from you.